Thursday, February 5, 2015

Jesus The Lamb...The Great I Am!

I am Great
Great I am

That Great I am, That Great I am.
I do not like, that Great I am.

Would you try, Jesus the Lamb?
I do not like, Jesus the Lamb.

Would you try, Him in a snare?
Could you try, your cupboards are bare?

I will not try Him in a snare,
I will not try Him when all is bare.
I will not try Jesus the Lamb, 
I do not like the Great I am!

He lifts you up so you can soar...
Will you enter the open door?

Not to soar
Not at a door
Not in a snare
When all is bare
I will not try Jesus the Lamb, 
I do not like the Great I am.

Forgiveness! Forgiveness! You can be saved!
I don't need forgiveness, on my own I'm brave.

Drink til your full, It's living water and true!
It's actually all lies, I've heard from a few.

Here is a fork, spoon and knife,
You can eat the Bread of Life.
You can feast at His table for two,
Could you, would you, if His best was for you?

I could not, would not, with a knife,
I would not, could not, eat bread of life.
I will not, will not, just to soar,
I'd rather sit here and be a boar.
I will not try Him in a snare,
I will not try Him when all is bare.
I will not try Jesus the Lamb, 
I do not like the Great I am.

You have not tried Him I can see,
I point to Him when you come to me.
Out of the dark, how about today?
The light of the world will show you the way!

I like being blind, I'd rather not see,
Even if you say, He is good to me.
If I knew I needed Him because of my sin,
I still can't say if I would let him in.

If you were a fruit would you want to taste sweet,
Or walk through the fire with strength for the heat?

I'd like to taste sweet and get out of the heat,
But I can add sugar and use my own feet.
I may need him because of my sin,
I'm just too stubborn to let him in.
So leave with your question mark,
I will not come out of the dark.
Not today.
Not this way.
Not with a knife,
For the bread of life.
Not to soar.
Not at a door.
Not in a snare,
When all is bare.
I will not try Jesus the Lamb, 
I do not like the Great-I-am.

If it meant eternal life when you finish up,
Would you, could you, drink from His cup?

I'm just not sure, if this is for me.
I'm not in need, maybe let me be.

You say you do not like Jesus the Lamb,
You say you do not like the Great-I-am.
You said you like being blind, a time ago,
You have not tried Him, how do you know?
As a friend I've pointed you to Him,
I don't wish to force you to begin.
Find out if this is what you need,
Try him, and you will see.

If I try, I will see,
If I try, will you let me be?

I will let you be, my friend,
It's your choice in the end.

Say, I like Jesus the Lamb!
I do, I do, the Great-I-am!
I believe, I believe, in a snare,
He can, He can, when all is bare.
Out of the dark, now I can see,
How very good He is to me.
I can taste sweet,
In or out of the heat.
I walked through the door,
I can soar!
I can be brave,
Say, He can save!
See, now that I let Him in,
I am forgiven of all my sin.
Yes! I say it today!
Jesus is the Way!
His table for two,
Has the best food.
I can now see,
His best for me!
I do so like Jesus the Lamb
Thank You! Thank You, Great-I-am!

By Michelle Fozounmayeh
2-2-15

No comments:

Post a Comment