Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quick & Easy Praise Guide


I praise you Lord, for you are...

Able
One who has sufficient ability and resources

2 Corinthians 5:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Accessible
One who calls us to Himself and hears our prayers

Deuteronomy 4:7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?

Matthew 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

My Comforter
One who consoles, reassures, helps and assists 

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Compassionate
One who is caring, loving, empathetic 

Psalm 103:13-14 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

Psalm 145:8-9 The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.

My Creator
One who created all things

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
Psalm 104:24 How many are your works, Lord. In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.


Everlasting
One who is eternal; the same yesterday, today and forever; one who has no limits

Psalm 90:2 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Isaiah 44:6 This is what the Lord says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
Faithful
One who is reliable, constant, loyal, unwavering, steadfast, dependable

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

My Father
Our parent, protector, provider

Proverbs 3:12 the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in

John 14:26  But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

My Fortress
One who is a fortified place, a stronghold, a place of security

Psalm 59:16-17 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.  You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.  And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. 

Glorious
One having or deserving glory, fame, beauty, splendor, magnificence

1 Chronicles 29:12-14 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

Psalm 72:18-19 Praise be to the LORD God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds. Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen.

Good
One who is virtuous, right, benevolent, kind

Psalm 25:8 Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Matthew 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Gracious
One who gives undeserved favor

Nehemiah 9:17  They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them.

Ephesians 2:6-9  And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

My Guide
One who shows the way by leading, directing, or advising

Nehemiah 9:19 Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness.  By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take.

Psalm 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

My Healer
One who restores to original health, integrity, or purity

Psalm 30:2 LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Holy
One who is spiritually perfect or pure, sinless, deserving adoration

Isaiah 6:3 And they were calling to one another: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.’ 
Revelation 15:4 Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.
Just
One who is right or fair, impartial, correct, true, upright

Psalm 9:7-8 The LORD reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment. He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity.

Romans 3:25-26 People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.
Light
One who is our spiritual illumination, enlightenment, truth 

2 Samuel 22:29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

Psalm 119:105, 130 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, ‘I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’

Love
One who has intense affection, benevolence, benevolence, kindness, tenderness and shows it through sacrifice

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

1 John 4:7-12 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

Merciful
One who compassionately withholds just punishment
Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy

Daniel 9:9 The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him

Omnipotent
One who has all power, who is able to accomplish everything he desires
Job 42:2 I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Omnipresent
One who is everywhere always

Genesis 28:16 When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”

Psalm 139:7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Patient
One who is longsuffering, tolerant, understanding, persevering, constant
Psalm 86:15 But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Perfect
One who never makes mistakes and always does what is good and right

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect: the Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Matthew 5;46-48 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

My Provider
One who supplies everything we need and more

Psalm 34:9 Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.

Matthew 6:25-33 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 

The One Who Reigns
One who is above or superior to all others, controls everything, can do anything, and exercises sovereign power, rule 

Psalm 47:6-8 Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise. God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.

Revelation 19:6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 

My Rescuer
One who saves or delivers

Psalm 34:22 The LORD will rescue his servants; no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.

Galatians 1:3-4 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.

The One Who Reveals
One who makes known or brings to view; discloses things that are hidden

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 However, as it is written: What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived, the things God has prepared for those who love him— these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. 

Job 12:22 He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light.

Righteous
One who is just, true, honorable, blameless, upright

Number 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act?  Does he promise and not fulfill?

Psalm 71:19 Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens, you who have done great things. Who is like you, God?

My Rock
One who is a firm foundation; stable, dependable, support, refuge

2 Samuel 22:2-4 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent people you save me.

Matthew 7:24-25 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

My Savior
One who saves, rescues, preserves from harm or danger, keeps safe 

Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

A Servant
One who answers our needs and performs duties on our behalf 

Matthew 20:25-28 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

John 13:14-17 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.  I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.  Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.  Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

My Shepherd
One who cares for, guards, guides and tends sheep

Psalm 23 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
 
Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

My Shield
One who is our means of defense or protection

Psalm 3:2-3 Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. 

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

My Strength
One who has firmness of will, character, mind or purpose; power to resist force

2 Samuel 22:33 It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Philippians 4:12-13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

My Teacher
One who guides, instructs or imparts knowledge
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Trustworthy
One who worthy of confidence; reliable, faithful, dependable

2 Samuel 7:28 Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.

Psalm 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.

Truth
One who is real, actual, fact, full of integrity, honest
Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

John 8:31-32 Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6 Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’

Understanding
One who knows all things and has empathetic or tolerant recognition of somebody else’s nature or situation
Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.
Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Wise
One who has perfect discernment, knowledge, and understanding

Job 12:13 To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.

Daniel 2:20-22 Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment